Amazon listens to what its customers are concerned about. By surfacing just how many internet-connected products don't have privacy policies, we can ensure they know customers are paying attention and want this change. If you are an Amazon customer, please follow the steps below to register your concern.
Click the "Start Chatting" button on the left. A pop-up window will appear (be sure you temporarily unblock pop-ups from Amazon.com). Rather than clicking one of its suggested topics, paste one of these options or type something similar in your own words:
- I can’t find privacy policies for a number of wifi-enabled products
- I’m concerned that there don’t seem to be privacy policies for IoT devices sold on Amazon
- Where can I find information about the privacy policies of wifi-connected products you sell?
The bot will be confused. Here are some follow-up questions you can ask (and after you do, you might have to select the "Ok, get help through chat" button) in order to get a human:
- Does Amazon require privacy policies for internet-connected devices to be sold on your platform?
- Are third party sellers required to have privacy policies for IoT devices in order to sell on Amazon?
- Smart Wifi Wireless Essential Oil Aromatherapy Diffuser by Sierra Modern Home
- FREDI Baby Monitor by FREDI
- ZEBORA Baby Monitor by ZEBORA
- KAVVO Baby Monitor by KAVVO
- Spy Hidden Wi-Fi Camera by ZDMYING
- Smart Wireless WiFi Video Doorbell & Security Camera by SARCCH
- Kids Smart Watch by DUIWOIM
- Tycho Smart Watch by Laxcido
- Wi-Fi Thermostat by Asixx
Wait 🕒. Odds are the customer service rep will be very confused and not know what to tell you for a bit.
When they do respond, it's likely they will tell you they can't help you. Ask them to pass on the concern to their manager.
Please take screenshots or copy the text of the chat.