Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below.
News from current fellows and awardees
- How Twitter’s Negligence is Harming Kenya’s Democracy - featuring fellow Odanga Madung in The Elephant
- These robots were trained on AI. They became racist and sexist. - featuring fellow Abeba Birhane in Washington Post
- The dark damage caused by the YouTube algorithm - featuring fellow Brandi Geurkink in Yahoo News Spain
- Kenya election: The influencers paid to push hashtags - featuring fellow Brian Obilo in BBC
- New game 'Wewe' to offer civic educcation to Kenyan men - featuring fellow Odanga Madung in Nation
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Stanford Launches AI Audit Challenge - featuring alum Deb Raji in Stanford HAI
- Hailey Froese joined Mozilla Foundation as Program Officer: Alumni Engagement, and Steve Azeka joined as a Responsible Computer Science Lead.
- The 2022 Internet Health Report is now online and this is yet another edition that would not be the same without our community of fellows and alumni. However, this year it is a bit different: we’re narrowing our focus to AI, and it’s a podcast!
That’s right. IRL, the award winning podcast from Mozilla is back. Listen and subscribe.