Pocketbook, founded in Kyiv, Ukraine in 2007 and then shifted its headquarters to Switzerland in 2012, makes a wide range of eReaders based on E Ink technology. There are color ones, big ones, little ones, waterproof ones, and touchscreen ones. Pocketbook eReaders support a number of different eReader formats so you’re not tied to Amazon for your books. And the color ones are big with comic book fans. The best part, Pocketbook doesn’t seem to collect personal information on users. Take that Amazon.
Co się może stać, jeśli coś pójdzie nie tak?
Pocketbook does say they collect some login information (like time zone and operating system) and technical and usage data (like your choice of font options and language settings) if you connect your eReader to WiFi. And they say they use that usage data to give you personal recommendations. All that seems ok though.
What's the worst that could go wrong with Pocketbook? Well, there really doesn’t seem like too much could go wrong with these eReaders. Although, we suppose you might get addicted to reading comic books. Go for it, we say!
Wskazówki, jak się chronić
- If as a parent or guardian you believe that Pocketbook has in its database the personal information of a child under the age of 16, you can contact [email protected], and they will remove the information from the records.
- Chose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images, location unless necessary)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device usually does not erase your personal data.
- When starting a sign-up, do not agree to tracking of your data if possible.
Czego można użyć do rejestracji?
Konto firmy trzeciej
Nie można ustalić
Jakie dane zbiera ta firma?
Only if you connect your e-reader to WiFi, non identified information can be collected: - Your login data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. - Usage Data: how you use your book library, information concerning which buttons on the e-reader you click, which you do not, how often do you use buttons, turning on/ off the device, setting font options, changing the interface language, sending archive, changing the library settings, setting the read mode. We collect these information to make our Services better for the end-customers. Understanding of your usage preference give us the opportunity to develop and produce better Readers, which will have higher reliability, usability, compressed functionality and extremely easy startup. Your email address if you download and use the Pocketbook reader app.
Związane z ciałem
Jak ta firma wykorzystuje te dane?
Jak możesz kontrolować swoje dane?
Jaka jest znana historia tej firmy w zakresie ochrony danych użytkowników?
No known incidents in the last 3 years.
Informacje o prywatności dziecka
Czy ten produkt może być używany bez połączenia z siecią?
Przyjazne dla użytkownika informacje o prywatności?
Pocketbook has fairly easy to read privacy policies. The problem is, they also have three different privacy policies scattered about that are a bit hard to decipher which applies to what. We think we got it figured out, but it would be nice they would make that a bit easier on folks by having one privacy hub page.
Odnośniki do informacji o prywatności
Czy ten produkt spełnia nasze minimalne standardy bezpieczeństwa?
Zajmuje się problemami z bezpieczeństwem
Zasady ochrony prywatności
Dowiedz się więcej
With an Upgraded Color E Ink Screen, This Could Be the Perfect E-Reader for Comic Book FansGizmodo
Masz uwagi? Podziel się nimi z nami.