Warning: *privacy not included with this product
Stressed about the little ones in your life getting too much screen time? The Yoto Player was designed for you. It’s a connected toy for parents who are tired of connected toys. With no cameras, microphones, or ads, this fun little speaker gives kids access to the whole wide web of audio without all the swiping, algorithmic spiraling, and spying that can happen if they borrow your tablet instead. Through the app, parents can control what makes it onto its playlist. With paper cards, kids can play their favorite songs and stories on their own. Over and over. And over.
What could happen if something goes wrong?
If you let your little one get in on the self-recording action, just know that you are technically consenting to sharing that information with Yoto, according to their Audio Recording Notice. If you decide to, Yoto gives simple instructions on how to delete those recordings and playlists too. They won’t be shared with any third parties, but just for safety’s sake maybe don’t name them after your credit card number or deepest-darkest-secrets.
Tips to protect yourself
- Delete the lists & recordings from the app at times.
- Parents, keep a sharp eye on parent controls and permissions.
- Chose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images, location unless neccessary)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device usually does not erase your personal data.
- When starting a sign-up, do not agree to tracking of your data if possible.
What can be used to sign up?
What data does the company collect?
"Your email address and a password created by you. If you become a Yoto Club Member: We collect: Your name, physical address, email address, and phone number. "
Audio recordings of your child if you allow your child to record them.
How does the company use this data?
How can you control your data?
What is the company’s known track record of protecting users’ data?
No known privacy or security vulnerabilities found in the last three years.
Child Privacy Information
Can this product be used offline?
User-friendly privacy information?
Yoto's privacy policies are fairly easy to find and read.
Links to privacy information
Does this product meet our Minimum Security Standards?
Yoto Announces New Partnership with Universal Music Group to bring the Magic of Music to Kids WorldwidePR Newswire
Got a comment? Let us hear it.