Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below.
News from current fellows and awardees
- TikTok has grown so much. Time to clip his wings, sounds from the United States — featuring Mozilla Technology Fund awardee Marc Faddoul
- 1A Remaking America: Targeting voters with data — featuring Senior Fellow Brandi Geurkink in NPR
- OnlyBans, do you wanna play? — featuring Creative Media awardees Maggie Oates and Lena Chen in Neural
- Trustworthy AI's sense of place - a blogpost by Senior Fellow Bobi Rakova
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Facebook and Instagram ran ads violating Kenyan election law, new report reveals — featuring alum Odanga Madung in Rest of World
- Worries Grow That TikTok Is New Home for Manipulated Video and Photos— featuring Creative Media Awards alum Halsey Burgund in New York Times
- Facebook, TikTok, Twitter failed election integrity test in Kenya's elections— featuring alum Odanga Madung in TechCrunch
- Meet Alex Argüelles: Helping Marginalized Communities Fight Digital Violence and Gain Representation. This is the latest in a series of profiles of our Tech and Society Fellows.
- The Responsible Computer Science Challenge in Kenya is open for applications. Through the Responsible Computer Science Challenge, USAID and Mozilla are supporting the conceptualization, piloting, and scaling of curricula that integrate interdisciplinary perspectives with computer science training. You can learn more about the Call for Proposals here.
- The Creative Media Awards deadline for proposals has been extended until 9th of December. Find out more information and details on how to apply here.
- Mozilla awardee Solar Protocol is seeking artists and writers who are exploring topics like solar-powered computation and community-run networks. Grantees will be awarded up to $1,500 each, and will participate in an exhibition in March 2023. Submissions are due 4 December via this application form.
- MozFest call for proposals is now open. We welcome sessions on a wide range of topics relevant to trustworthy AI and the internet health movement, but all sessions must be participatory, accessible, and inclusive. For more information, visit our website.
- Members of the Africa Innovation Mradi team were at the 2022 Internet Governance Forum in Addis Ababa from 28 November to 2 December—chatting with folks at the Mozilla booth during the event and participating in panel discussions. Check out the new Africa Mradi twitter account for more!
- Dr. Chao Mbogho joined Responsible Computer Science Challenge as a community fellow in Kenya. Dr. Chao will support faculty members from Kenyan universities, colleges and iHubs to conceptualize, develop, and pilot curricula that empower students to think about the social implications of computing.
- Thanks to everyone who voted for IRL to win best podcast in the Shorty Impact Awards. We WON the audience vote! And also a sparkling SILVER honor from the judges. Follow IRL via 2022.internethealthreport.org