Ostrzeżenie: *Prywatność dla tego produktu do nabycia osobno
Period Calendar Period Tracker
Confusion aside, what does this app do? Well, it says it can track and predict your period, ovulation, and fertility window, tell you your chance of getting pregnant every day, and record intimacy, and "and everything about women who try to conceive, pregnant, or birth control." We're not exactly sure what all that everything is, but it sure sounds like it's collecting a whole lot of very personal information. So, how does it look from a privacy perspective? Well, again, we'd say, kinda confusing and probably not too good.
Co się może stać, jeśli coś pójdzie nie tak?
We ding this app for a number of reasons. First, they do collect a whole lot of very personal information. And although they say they won't share the personal information you track in the app, they do say they can share personal information about your visits to the app with third parties for marketing and interest-based advertising. That's not great. Advertisers might not know when your period is or how long, but they can tell you're using this period tracking app and your location and more. You probably don't want that.
This app earns a third privacy ding from us because we could find no clear rights for all users to access and delete their data. We strongly feel, especially with apps that track period and pregnancy information, that all users should be able to easily access and delete all their data at any time. This is quite important in the post-Roe vs Wade world the US lives in now.
What else worries us about this app? Well, users should know that by registering to use the app or creating a profile, you have given this company consent to use your data for all manner of things, including sharing with third parties for targeted advertising and sharing with service providers who might be able to sell you information.
What's the worst that could happen? Oh man, the potential scenarios feel scary. It does seem possible that a women could download and use the app. Have her very personal, private period history tracked. Some third party service provider could gather some bits of this information that could then be sold and end up in the hands of data brokers. Someone else could purchase that data and learn about a device ID, location, and other information about that user. Potentially combine that data with other data the includes device ID and location and learn the woman's identity. And from there, it could only get worse. This is a scenario, we don't know if it could happen. But we think potential users of this app should be aware that it's not outside the realm of possibility.
Wskazówki, jak się chronić
- If you are California resident, opt out of selling of your data. If you are not from California, better find another app.
- Do not give access to your contacts, files and media
- Do not give consent for the app to access data about your health and activities from third-party services such as Apple HealthKit and Google Fit.
- Better do not sign in to the app (as login is available via Google account only). If you have already logged in, you can remove access in your Google Account.
- Chose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images and videos)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device does not erase your personal data.
Urządzenie: Nie dotyczy
Urządzenie: Nie dotyczy
Urządzenie: Nie dotyczy
Czego można użyć do rejestracji?
Konto firmy trzeciej
Google account sign-in possible
Jakie dane zbiera ta firma?
Real-time location, Email address, First name and last name, Phone number, Gender, Password or passcode, Usage Data
Związane z ciałem
Weight, Height, Body temperature, Menstrual cycle, Symptoms; Other information about your health (including sexual activities), and related activities.
Contacts, if you allow via your phone settings
Jak ta firma wykorzystuje te dane?
Jak możesz kontrolować swoje dane?
Jaka jest znana historia tej firmy w zakresie ochrony danych użytkowników?
No known privacy or security incidents discovered in the last 3 years.
Informacje o prywatności dziecka
Czy ten produkt może być używany bez połączenia z siecią?
Przyjazne dla użytkownika informacje o prywatności?
Odnośniki do informacji o prywatności
Czy ten produkt spełnia nasze minimalne standardy bezpieczeństwa?
Zajmuje się problemami z bezpieczeństwem
Zasady ochrony prywatności
Masz uwagi? Podziel się nimi z nami.