Movement Building from Home 2 (MBH2) is about to launch!
Join us for a new, 6-week series returning to the big idea of movement-building from home as we navigate the challenges and opportunities of facilitative leadership and online organizing 2 years into a remote-first world. Join us to learn together in community and sustain the momentum of MozFest and the movement for internet health and Trustworthy AI year-round.
By participating in MBH2, you will:
- Further develop your facilitative leadership skills, especially in virtual and hybrid settings.
- Share your questions and suggestions about online movement-building with peers from around the world.
- Brainstorm next steps for virtual and hybrid movement- and capacity-building in 2022 and beyond.
You can attend all 6 calls or pick and choose from those that interest you the most. Each call will be offered multiple times during its week in the series so that we can reach more time zones. You can also catch up with each session’s notes and recording afterwards.
We will convene calls beginning the week of 20 June 2022 and ending the week of 25 July 2022. Calls will be on:
- Tuesdays at 4 PM UTC beginning on Tuesday, 21 June 2022.
- Wednesdays at 11 AM UTC beginning on Wednesday, 22 June 2022.
- Thursdays at 7 PM UTC beginning on Thursday, 23 June 2022.
Our first call will focus on cohort-building for participants interested in all 6 calls, and our last call will allow us time to reflect on the series and to brainstorm next steps we might take together. In between those opening and closing conversations and along with the brilliant MozFest community, we’ll discuss:
- Community engagement: Recruiting, onboarding, types of engagement, and value exchanges for online programs and events.
- Systems design: Data collection, information architecture, comms workflows, and documentation for organizing online programs and events.
- Safety, care, and avoiding burnout: Community care, self-care, safety, and fighting seep and creep.
- Movement-building, capacity-building, and calls to action: Building capacity for movement-building and meaningful calls to action between events.
We’ll also share information about community leadership roles for the next MozFest in 2023 to help sustain your participation with, and connection to, our vibrant community of AI Builders, Civil Society Actors, and Trustworthy AI practitioners from across all kinds of disciplines and sectors.
If you’re curious to learn more about MBH2 and how it can help you sustain the momentum of MozFest year-round, please email program manager Chad Sansing or ping him on the MozFest community Slack (chadsansing). You can also keep up with the latest MozFest news by subscribing to our newsletter or by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter.