Advertencia: *privacidad no incluida con este producto
¿Qué podría pasar si algo falla?
First reviewed April 20, 2022. Review updated, April 25, 2023
Read our review from 2022:
The Mighty says they can collect a pretty large amount of personal information on you such as name, email. mailing address, gender, location, photographs, interests, and information about your or others’ medical condition that you choose to share and lots of app usage data.They go on to say they may combine the personal information they get from you with personal information they get from other sources such as data licensors, social media platforms like Facebook, and companies they partner with for research. That's a whole lot of information they gather on you from a pretty wide variety of sources. So far, not good.
The Mighty uses all that information for things including interest-based advertising, direct marketing, and research purposes. They may share your personal information with third party advertising partners for marketing and advertising purposes. Again, not good. They also say they can share your information with research partners, business partners, professional advisors, and their corporate affiliates and subsidiaries. Basically. they say they can share your personal information with a whole bunch of people. Not super uncommon, but also not great considering how much information they collect and combine about you, including what you chose to share publicly about your medical conditions. Remember, the more places your information is shared, the more chances there are for your information to leak or be compromised.
Couple this with the fact we couldn't confirm if The Mighty meets our Minimum Security Standards and we're concerned about both the privacy and security of anything you might share on this app. It's great to find a community to support you online through mental health challenges. It'd be nice if the company providing that community did a little more to protect their user's privacy.
Consejos para protegerte
- Opt out from receiving marketing emails! You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by completing the Personal Data Rights Request Form.
- Do not provide data about others (your relationships, family, etc.) without their permission.
- Do not log in using third-party accounts
- Do not connect to any third party via the app, or at least make sure that a third party employs decent privacy practices
- Do not give consent for sharing of personal data for marketing and advertisement.
- Choose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc - Do not use social media plug-ins.
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images, location unless neccessary)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device usually does not erase your personal data.
- When starting a sign-up, do not agree to tracking of your data if possible.
Dispositivo: No aplica
Dispositivo: No aplica
Rastrea la ubicación
Dispositivo: No aplica
¿Qué se puede usar para registrarse?
Cuenta de terceros
Facebook, Apple, Google sign-up possible
¿Qué datos recopila la empresa?
Contact data, location, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, biographical details, occupation, country, photograph, your profiles on social networks, interests, and information about your or others’ medical condition that you choose to share. Providing profile data is voluntary and you can update or delete such data at any time.
¿Cómo utiliza la empresa estos datos?
¿Cómo puedes controlar el uso de tus datos?
¿Qué historial tiene la compañía en cuanto a la protección de los datos de los usuarios?
No known privacy or security incidents discovered in the last 3 years.
Información sobre privacidad infantil
¿El producto se puede usar sin conexión?
¿La información de privacidad es fácil de entender?
Enlaces a información de privacidad
¿El producto cumple nuestros estándares mínimos de seguridad?
The Mighty says they encrypt data in transit, however, we cannot confirm that the app employs encryption of your data at rest.
Instead of password, an email authentication is used.
Actualizaciones de seguridad
Gestiona las vulnerabilidades
Anyone can report vulnerability to [email protected]
Política de privacidad
¿Tienes algún comentario? Queremos escucharte.