iRobot, the maker of the popular Roomba robot vacuum cleaners, also makes a coding robot for kids six and up! Who knew? Their Root robot kits—they have two—let kids learn to code by programming the robots to drive, turn, draw, light-up, play music, express itself, and more. These kits are good for multiple coding skill levels—from coding with graphical blocks to actually using full-text code. It's very cool to see iRobot—a company we like because they seem to take protecting their users' privacy seriously—make these learning robots for kids.
¿Qué podría pasar si algo falla?
iRobot, the Root's parent company, has had some privacy stumbles lately. Screenshots of a woman on the toilet recorded by a test-run Roomba in 2020 ended up on Facebook. And their ongoing acquisition by privacy-bad-guy Amazon is making privacy experts worry for their future. Eek. But since all that doesn't have much to do with their coding robot, we're keeping the iRobot Root in our good books. "Best Of" even!
iRobot also shares information about how they keep even analytics and crash reporting data safe. Cool! All in all, these learning robots feel pretty safe, and fun, for your kids despite their parent company’s recent concerns. The only worry we can think of is what might happen to iRobot Root's privacy policies once the Amazon deal to buy iRobot goes through as early as February 2024. It's something to keep an eye on.
Consejos para protegerte
- Keep your WiFi network password protected with a strong password.
- Do not sign up with third-party accounts. Better just log in with email and strong password.
- Chose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images, location unless necessary)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device usually does not erase your personal data.
- When starting a sign-up, do not agree to tracking of your data if possible.
Rastrea la ubicación
¿Qué se puede usar para registrarse?
Cuenta de terceros
¿Qué datos recopila la empresa?
No personal information is collected.
¿Cómo utiliza la empresa estos datos?
¿Cómo puedes controlar el uso de tus datos?
¿Qué historial tiene la compañía en cuanto a la protección de los datos de los usuarios?
iRobot Education has no known privacy or security incidents in the last three years.
Información sobre privacidad infantil
¿El producto se puede usar sin conexión?
¿La información de privacidad es fácil de entender?
Enlaces a información de privacidad
¿El producto cumple nuestros estándares mínimos de seguridad?
Actualizaciones de seguridad
Gestiona las vulnerabilidades
Política de privacidad
¿Tienes algún comentario? Queremos escucharte.