We did really appreciate their blog post discussing how the war in Ukraine can impact mental health (one of your *Privacy Not Included researchers is Ukrainian). Thank you to everyone supporting Ukraine.
What could happen if something goes wrong?
First reviewed April 20, 2022. Review updated, April 25, 2023
Read our review from 2022:
What's would happen if something goes wrong with Moodfit? Well, you could use a terrible password to protect all the sensitive, personal information Moodfit can collect. Your 10-year old could easily guess your terrible password and learn you have huge anxiety they'll grow up to be an Instagram influencer. This results in your 10-year old only dreaming of becoming an Instagram influencer. No one wants that. Use a strong password people!
Tips to protect yourself
- Do not log in using third-party accounts
- Do not connect to any third party via the app, or at least make sure that a third party employs decent privacy practices
- Do not give consent for sharing of personal data for marketing and advertisement.
- Choose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc - Do not use social media plug-ins.
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images, location unless neccessary)
- Keep your app regularly updated - Limit ad tracking via your device (e.g. on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device usually does not erase your personal data.
- When starting a sign-up, do not agree to tracking of your data if possible.
What can be used to sign up?
Facebook sign-up available
What data does the company collect?
How does the company use this data?
How can you control your data?
What is the company’s known track record of protecting users’ data?
No known privacy or security incidents discovered in the last 3 years.
Child Privacy Information
Can this product be used offline?
Most features require online connection however.
User-friendly privacy information?
Links to privacy information
Does this product meet our Minimum Security Standards?
Moodfit updated their password requirment to require a strong password on our request. Thank you Moodfit!
You can contact [email protected].
Got a comment? Let us hear it.