Warning: *privacy not included with this product
Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame
What could happen if something goes wrong?
First reviewed April 20, 2022. Review updated, April 25, 2023
We're also bummed because it was unclear to us if all users, regardless of where they live, could have their data deleted. In fact, they state, "No matter where you are located, we provide every user with the right to: Erasure. It’s your right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions." Sounds good right? Until you ask, well, what are these mysterious "certain conditions?" And then there's the use of the words "right to request". We know anyone can request anything. We would much rather see this worded in a way that makes it clear all requests will be honored.
Read our 2022 review:
What's the worst that could happen? Hopefully nothing more than your child learns how to be a little bit calmer. Calm is good. But we should remind parents that anything that connects to the internet your child plays with has potential vulnerabilities so it's always good to supervise them when they use your devices
Tips to protect yourself
- Parents should read up and implement the guidelines on how to protect children online.
- Never share your child's personal information online
- Do not provide data about others (your relationships, family, etc.) without their permission.
- Do not log in using third-party accounts
- Do not connect to any third party via the app, or at least make sure that a third party employs decent privacy practices
- Do not give consent for sharing of personal data for marketing and advertisement.
- Chose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password, KeePass etc
- Do not use social media plug-ins.
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images, location unless neccessary)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
- Request your data be deleted once you stop using the app. Simply deleting an app from your device usually does not erase your personal data.
- When starting a sign-up, do not agree to tracking of your data if possible.
What can be used to sign up?
What data does the company collect?
Name, postal address, telephone number, or email address.
Basic information about your family and children.
How does the company use this data?
How can you control your data?
What is the company’s known track record of protecting users’ data?
No known privacy or security incidents discovered in the last 3 years.
Child Privacy Information
Can this product be used offline?
User-friendly privacy information?
Links to privacy information
Does this product meet our Minimum Security Standards?
To report potential security vulnerabilities, please write to [email protected].
Got a comment? Let us hear it.