Some Resources to Help You During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Life during this COVID-19 global pandemic is stressful. We've also felt scared about what’s ahead and how people around the world are being impacted. Many people are having this same mix of emotions too. Let us just say though, thank goodness for the internet.
Right now, while we all must do what we can to remain physically apart, we're happy we have the internet to bring us together. Neighbors are helping neighbors through local apps and message boards, musicians are streaming free concerts online, children are having "virtual playdates", and virtual meetings are keeping many of us working.
This internet is also chock full of information we need right now. But reading too much news about the coronavirus can lead to anxiety. So we pulled together these resources to help keep you informed during this stressful time.
- What To Do If You Are Sick (US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)
- Tips for Staying at Home if You Are Sick (UK National Health Service)
- 7 Ways to Avoid Misinformation During the Coronavirus Pandemic (Politifact)
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Mythbusters (World Health Organization)
- The Best and Worst Coronavirus Dashboards (MIT Technology Review)
- How Wikipedia Prevents the Spread of Coronavirus Misinformation (Wired)
- List of Free Activities for Kids During School Closings (Kids Activities Blog)
- 8 Tips to Make Working from Home Work for You (National Public Radio)
- COVID-19 could kill the for-profit science publishing model. That would be a good thing. (Los Angeles Times)
- Coronavirus outbreak changes how scientists communicate (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Coronavirus Kindness: The people offering help as the virus spreads (BBC)
We hope you are following the guidance of the healthcare experts -- stay inside away from crowds, wash your hands, reach out to family, friends and neighbors to see what they might need right now. We’re all in this together, online and off.
P.S. To keep up with current news about COVID-19, check out our Pocket curated feed here -- Coronavirus: Essential Reads.
Want to get more helpful information like this sent directly to your inbox? Sign up for our email list here.