Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below. You can also see a directory of all Mozilla Fellows and Awardees here.
News from current fellows and awardees
- Future Wake: the AI art project predicting police violence — by Ahnjili Zhuparris and Tim van Ommeren. Featured in CodaStory, The Next Web, ZDNet, and CNET Japan
- POV: Points of View by Alton Glass and GRX Immersive
- Fellow Odanga Madung spoke about misinformation as an industry on a panel about AI & Disinformation at Netroots Nation.
- Data Futures Lab Awardee Consumer Reports hosted a public Data Rights Roundtable to discuss how companies can implement their new Data Rights Protocol
- Technology in Brazil Seminar 2020-2030 — panel “Artificial Intelligence, Democracy and Regulation” — featuring fellow Tarcizio Silva
- Fellow Amber Case spoke on the future of web monetization at the State of the Browser conference.
- Codifying the Right of Trustworthy Delegation — by Data Futures Lab Fellow Richard Whitt
- Data Futures Lab Fellow Anouk Ruhaak spoke at XConf about how we might govern data, rather than being governed by data
- Caribbean Life News: AI extends Virtual Carnival experiences — featuring Vernelle Noel, Nettrice Gaskins and Valencia James in Caribbean Life News
- Racist Lenses — Bahia is being transformed into a surveillance laboratory with face recognition — featuring fellow Tarcizio Silva in The Intercept
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- “In Event of Moon Disaster” by Halsey Burgund and Fran Panetta WON an Emmy for Outstanding Interactive Media: Documentary
- Why you shouldn’t buy Facebook Ray-Ban smart glasses — by alum Daniel Leufer in Access Now
- The next round of Creative Media Awards (in partnership with Mozilla's Data Futures Lab) is now open!
- Reflecting on the past, building for the future: Mozilla Fellowships and Awards Impact Evaluation launched on our website. Read more here.
- Applications for a Senior Fellow: Computer Science are open. Find out more here.
- A technology project proposes that voice assistants like Siri speak more languages — featuring Chenai Chair in InfoBae