Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below.
News from current fellows and awardees
- Kigali: They are paid to make Kinyarwanda-language computer programs —featuring fellow Remy Muhire in Imvaho Nshya
- What is algorithmic racism? Researcher explains the harm of algorithms in new book —featuring fellow Tarcizio Silva in UOL
- Why AI 'shouldn't tackle disinformation online'—featuring fellow Odanga Madung in the Evening Standard podcast
- TikTok’s Censorship in Russia Is Giving Putin Exactly What He Wants —featuring Mozilla Technology Fund awardee Marc Faddoul in VICE, as well as WIRED and Euractiv
- Facial recognition for police purposes is already born as a humanitarian defeat' —featuring fellow Tarcizio Silva in UOL
- A new project shows how solar power can energize the Internet —featuring Creative Media awardee Tega Brain in Sustainability Times and Environmental Journal
- Senior Fellow Neema Iyer was featured in Counter the Digital Monoculture
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Afro-Algorithms written and directed by 2021 CMA awardee Anatola Araba premiered at Mozfest. Read more in NewsOne and Animation World.
- Mozilla’s first cohort of Senior Fellows in Trustworthy AI, and our newest Senior Fellow in Policy, joined us this month. Read more here.
- If you missed MozFest or you simply miss MozFest, you can browse on-demand sessions on MozFest Plaza.
- Mozilla Common Voice announces $400K grants for Kiswahili voice tech projects in East Africa—featured in Tech Trends Kenya, East Africa Business Week and ZDNet
- Koliwe Majama joined Mozilla Foundation as a Senior Program Officer, looking after the new cohort of Senior Fellows