Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below. You can also see a directory of all Mozilla Fellows and Awardees here.
News from current fellows and awardees
- What AI Regulation means for Silicon Valley — featuring fellow Julia Reinhardt
- The Current State of Micropayments and Web Monetization — by fellow Amber Case
- Current Responsible Computer Science Challenge grantee Miami Dade College Received Nearly $1 Million from National Science Foundation to Fund Artificial Intelligence
- The Secret Life of your Phone — a BBC podcast episode featuring fellow Odanga Madung
- Technology, Justice and Power — a series of conversations on digital violence in Mexico hosted by the fellow Alex Argüelles
- Fake News and Vaccine Hesitancy — featuring fellow Odanga Madung in Voice of America
- Reddit AMA about YouTube's recommendation algorithm — featuring Brandi Geurkink and fellow Guillaume Chaslot
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Deepfakes have Bourdain by Creative Media Awardee Francesca Panetta
- In Event of Moon Disaster — from 2019-20 Creative Media Awards cohort, was just nominated for an Emmy (Outstanding Interactive Media: Documentary)
- At the ISOC/APC/Mozilla virtual summit on community networks Steve Song presented essential tools and resources that community networks can use in navigating the different stages and processes needed in setting up and operating a sustainable community network
- The New WikiLeaks: How the transparency collective DDoSecrets eclipsed Julian Assange featuring fellowship alum Freddy Martinez in The New Republic
- The Africa Mradi Team supported and presented the 2021 Africa Law Tech Festival convened by Lawyers hub.
Mozilla is conducting use-case research to determine how the Common Voice dataset can be used in the realms of agriculture or finance within East Africa. Take part in the survey.
Common Voice was covered in a number of publications, including:
- Nvidia and Mozilla release the latest version of the Common Voice Dataset — in Neowin
- Latest open source Common Voice Dataset to train voice-enabled apps now available — in Geeky Gadgets
- Mozilla Common Voice adds 16 new languages and 4,600 new hours of speech, Dataiku raises $400 million in Series E funding, Parallel Agile releases new version of CodeBot — in SDTimes
- Mozilla Common Voice adds 16 new languages, 4,600 new hours of speech — in Telecompaper
- Mozilla is massively expanding free speech data set — in Golem