Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below. You can also see a directory of all Mozilla Fellows and Awardees here.
News from current fellows and awardees
- Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Failed African Countries — featuring fellow Odanga Madung in Wired
- The real dangers of deepfakes, explored — featuring awardees Francesca Panetta and Halsey Burgund in RT
- In Africa, rescuing the languages that Western tech ignores — featuring fellow Remy Muhire in USA Today as well as CBS Oklahoma, Yahoo News, LA Times, Fresno Bee and Afro News
- Mozilla Kutumia Kiswahili Kwenye Teknolojia Ya Sauti - featuring Rebecca Ryakatimbo in HabariLeo
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Humane algorithms - that's what she takes on with Amazon — featuring alum Deb Raji in Republik
- Wampum.Codes Host Amelia Winger-Bearskin Uses A.I. Art To Tell Indigenous Stories – featuring alum Amelia Bearskin in Uproxx
- The big bluff with artificial intelligence — featuring alum Frederike Kaltheuner in Suddeutsche Zeitung
- Frederike has also launched Fake AI, an edited book about AI pseudoscience, snake oil and hype—the outcome of her 2019-2020 Mozilla Tech policy fellowship. The 200-page anthology features a chapter by a fellow alum, Deb Raji
- Bug bounties for algorithmic harms? — an AJL report featuring alums Camille Francois and Deb Raji
- Meet Kofi Yeboah, our new Program Officer! Kofi joined the team on 4 January 2022 and will be leading our work on the Creative Media Awards and supporting our expanding work in Eastern and South Africa.
- Meet Shandukani Mulaudzi, our new Communications Officer! Shandukani joined us on 14 December 2021 and will be providing communications support to the program, fellows and awardees.
- Meet Crystal Lee, our new Senior Fellow for the Responsible Computer Science Challenge! Crystal joined us on 31 January 2022.