MozFest is all about community.
We gather, online and in person (when we can) to connect, collaborate, and make positive change in our digital world. We are human rights and digital activists, artists, technologists, teachers, and students with a single mission: a better, healthier, internet.
After an incredible MozFest 2021 that was 100% online for the first-time ever, we didn’t want to stop the amazing conversations that were sparked from immersive sessions, creative zoom experiences, and digital “hallway” conversations. So we launched MozFest Community Fridays, a Twitter celebration of the people and projects that inspire and motivate us to keep building, creating, talking, and acting on the work that happened in March.
Throughout May, June, and into July, MozFest invited 14 people from around the world to host conversations from our Twitter account about the topics that matter most to them and their community. They raised awareness, asked thought-provoking questions, and provided ways for us to get involved. Here is a snapshot of the hosts and their topics, and links to the archived conversations.
- May 7 Uchi Uchibeke on Inclusive Digital Identity and Self-sovereignty | View the Twitter Moment
- May 14 Renata Avila on AI Feminism across regions and the A+ Alliance
- May 21 Rin Oliver on Digital Spaces for the Neurodiverse | View the Twitter Moment
- May 28 Mai Ishikawa Sutton on Digital Commons and COMPOST magazine | View the Twitter Moment
- June 4 Marwa Fatafta on Digital Apartheid | View the Twitter Moment
- June 11 Pepe Borrás and Ahmad Ahmadian on Beyond Connectivity: Building Digital Public Resources for Online and Offline Communities | View the Twitter Moment
- June 18 Vidushi Marda on Debiasing is not the solution | View the Twitter Moment
- June 25 Elizabeth M. Adams and Honq Qu on AI Ethics in Government | View the Twitter Moment
- July 2 Amy Studdart on Public Interest AI | View the Twitter Moment
- July 9 Hillary Juma, Mozilla Nederland, and Francis Tyers on Democratizing Voice Technology | View the Twitter Moment
MozFest isn’t just a once-a-year event. It’s a year-round community that regularly connects and takes positive action in our local communities around the world. Will you join us?
- Inspiring conversations are always happening on slack! mozillafestival.org/slack (must be over the age of 16 to join)
- Sign up for the MozFest newsletter for the latest events and collaboration opportunities: mozillafestival.org/newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn to easily share the most-up-to-date news with your networks.