Warnung: *Datenschutz ist in diesem Produkt nicht inbegriffen
Preglife Pregnancy App
Überprüft am: 9. August 2022
The good news with the Preglife Pregnancy tracking app — which has things like a contraction counter, pregnancy journal, week to week baby development, tips for pregnant women and their partners, photos of the growing baby, and much more — is that it is created by a Sweden-based company. That means stricter privacy laws are the default thanks to Europe's stricter privacy law known as GDPR. According to Preglife, this app is "used by 90% of mothers-to-be in Sweden" and Sweden has "an almost zero maternal death rate." All that sounds great! And this app does seem to do well from what we can tell from a privacy perspective. However, we had to give it our *Privacy Not Included warning label because it doesn't meet our Minimum Security Standards because it has a fairly weak password requirement. That's a bummer because it has one of the better privacy policies we've read for pregnancy apps.
Was könnte passieren, wenn etwas schiefgeht?
They do say they "may share aggregate demographic information about Preglife members with third-party organizations and companies as well as with the authorities, Such information cannot be used to identify individual Users" and "We may also share information at aggregate levels with third parties that carry out analyses on our behalf." This is fairly common and aggregate demographic data is, hopefully, better than de-identified user data. Still, it's a good time to slip in this reminder that it has been found to be pretty easy to de-anonymize data, especially if location data is included.
What's the worst that could happen with Preglife? Well, we'd hate to see a user download this app because the company does seem to do pretty good with respecting their users' privacy, set the app up and use "111111" as a crappy, weak password, the phone falls into the wrong hands after a miscarried pregnancy, and someone is able to guess the password, access all that personal information, and use against it against someone to raise questions about why their pregnancy ended. No one needs that after the tragedy of a miscarriage. We really hope that never happens! Please always use strong password people!
Tipps zu Ihrem Schutz
- Choose not to register yourself as a User. You can still access and use the app, however, all data will be stored locally and personal information will not be processed by Preglife. The only downside is you will not be able to access the data saved to an account on another device.
- When you no longer use the app, go to "Delete account" in the app menu
- Never enter data for another user in the app without their consent
- Chose a strong password! You may use a password control tool like 1Password or KeePass
- Use your device privacy controls to limit access to your personal information via app (do not give access to your camera, microphone, images and videos)
- Keep your app regularly updated
- Limit ad tracking via your device (eg on iPhone go to Privacy -> Advertising -> Limit ad tracking) and biggest ad networks (for Google, go to Google account and turn off ad personalization)
Gerät: Nicht verfügbar
Gerät: Nicht verfügbar
Verfolgt den Standort
Gerät: Nicht verfügbar
Was kann zur Registrierung verwendet werden?
Welche Daten sammelt das Unternehmen?
Estimated due date, data about the child, medical conditions, vaccines and other health-related data. All usage of the application is done voluntarily and it is always you as User who decides which information you want to enter.
Wie nutzt das Unternehmen die Daten?
Wie können Sie Ihre Daten kontrollieren?
Wie ist das Unternehmen in der Vergangenheit mit den Daten über seine Verbraucher umgegangen?
No known privacy or security incidents discovered in the last 3 years.
Informationen zum Datenschutz bei Kindern
Kann dieses Produkt offline genutzt werden?
Benutzerfreundliche Informationen zum Datenschutz?
Links zu Datenschutzinformationen
Erfüllt dieses Produkt unsere Mindestsicherheitsstandards?
According to self-reported information from the company in the Google Play store, this app encrypts data in transit. We were unable to confirm they encrypt any data they store on you at rest on their servers.
Managed to log in with '111111'. There is at least a requirement for 6 digits minimum.
Umgang mit Schwachstellen
Möchten Sie einen Kommentar loswerden? Schreiben Sie uns.