Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below. You can also see a directory of all Mozilla Fellows and Awardees here.
AI and internet health
News from current fellows and awardees
- Keep Calm And Hack On: The Philosophy Of Calm Technology — featuring fellow Amber Case in Hackaday
- Researchers say a coordinated misinformation campaign on Twitter backed Kenya’s president. — featuring fellow Odanga Madung in New York Times
- On Twitter, political disinformation clouds Kenya’s trending topics — featuring fellow Odanga Madung in TechCrunch
- Kenya: Many Twitter followers have been paid to turn the tide on the president — featuring fellows Odanga Madung and Brian Obilo in BBC
- Twitter and Facebook are getting caught up in Ethiopia’s conflict — featuring fellow Odanga Madung in Quartz Africa
- Fellow Kathleen Siminyu spoke at the Goethe Institut AI Festival discussing “Alternative AI future”
- Afro Algorithms by Creative Media Awards Alumni Anatola Araba is the recipient of the 2021 RE: Focus Fund at the Inside Out 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival
- Networks’ capitalism: addiction, disinformation and violence — by fellow Julie Ricard on the Mozilla Blog
- The *governance* in data governance — by fellow-in-residence Anouk Ruhaak on the Mozilla Blog
- Can you negotiate with a computer? Mozilla Explains: The Future of Personal AIs (Part Two) — featuring fellow-in-residence Richard Whitt on the Mozilla Blog
- Racism in Technology: how it works and how to fight against it — fellow Tarcizio Silva spoke to GloboNews
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Alum Gigi Sohn had been nominated to the Federal Communications Commision (FCC) and alum Alan Davidson received a nomination to head the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) — read more in Reuters and our blog.
- Alum Divij Joshi launched an art exhibit Reclaiming AI Futures he curated as part of his AI Observatory project.
- Alum Stephanie Dinkins interviewed another CMA Alum Johann Diedrick about his project “Dark Matters” in this new article On Love & Data: To Be Heard Without Limitation
Events and Launches (recent and upcoming)
- December 1 — Melalogic (Creative Media Awards Project) is launching
- Applications for a Senior Fellow: Computer Science are open. Find out more here.