Looking to learn more about or engage with Mozilla Fellows and Awardees around the world? Keep your eye on the Mozilla Foundation blog to stay up-to-date with regular updates about these leaders and their work by reviewing the current and upcoming news and announcements below.
News from current fellows and awardees
- Truth Behind Viral Video of Barack Obama Endorsing Ruto - featuring fellow Odanga Madung in Kenyans
- Ethiopian Cognitive Scientist Dr. Abeba Birhane, who deleted 80 million images - featuring senior fellow Abeba Birhane in BBC
- Mozilla Foundation denounces digital surveillance of journalists in Mexico - featuring fellow Alex Arguelles in Forbes Mexico
- Timnit Gebru and the fight to make artificial intelligence work for Africa – featuring senior fellow Abeba Birhane in Mail & Guardian
- Google denies that its artificial intelligence has reached levels of consciousness - featuring senior fellow Abeba Birhane in CNN Brazil
- 11 rising African female founders you should know in 2022 - featuring senior fellow Neema Iyer in TechCabal
- https://www.technologyreview.com/innovator/kathleen-siminyu/ - @techreview Innovators Under 35 featuring fellow Kathleen Siminyu in MIT Tech Review
- If it cared, TikTok could stop itself being used to stir up tribal hatred in Kenya - featuring fellow Odanga Madung in The Guardian
Fellowship and Awardee Alumni News
- Exaggerated expectations of artificial intelligence - featuring alum Frederike Kaltheuner in ORF
- Animated Short ‘Afro-Algorithms’ Explores A New Vision Of Combatting Bias In Technology- featuring alum Anatola Araba in Hayti
- Applications for Senior Fellow: Tech Policy are now closed. Interviews with candidates will follow.
- Mawred, one of the Tech & Society host organizations, just released: Culture 3.0. It’s a pilot grants project for the music and literary and publishing sectors in the Arab region, focused on encouraging projects of resistance to the unfair models of the gig economy and biased artificial intelligence – including algorithms and automation.